26 September – 30 September
The second annual ICON week (26 to 30 September 2022) is here to raise awareness of infant crying and how to cope to support parents/carers and prevent serious injury, illness and even death of young babies as a result of Abusive Head Trauma that happens when someone shakes a baby.
ICON is a programme adopted by health and social care organisations in the UK to provide information about infant crying, including how to cope, support parents/carers, and reduce stress.
This year’s ICON Week is focussing on sharing ideas and best practice.
More than 15 webinars are taking place throughout the week with speakers from the military, police, primary care, parent ambassadors, health visitors, and the education section. These are open to everyone, and the access details are below.
All webinars will take place over Microsoft Teams and use the same link https://bit.ly/iconweek2022
Monday 26 September
10am to 11am
- Sue Anslow – ICON Programme Manager welcome to ICON Week
- Dr Suzanne Smith Founder of ICON – Introduction and background to ICON
11:30am to 12noon
Tuesday 27 September
9:30am to 10:00am
- Jenny Roddy Public Health Specialist Midwife, Leeds Teaching Hospital NHS Trust – The progress and embedment of the ICON within maternity service in Leeds
10:30am to 11:00am
- Caroline Campbell Development Health Visitor and colleagues- Health Visitor Delivery of ICON in Staffordshire
4:00pm to 4:30pm
- Claire Bainbridge Lead Midwife for Safeguarding- ICON within Safeguarding and next steps in North Cumbria
Wednesday 28 September
- Dr Bryony Kendall, Named GP for safeguarding, NHS Cheshire and Merseyside – Working with GPs as commissioners to embed ICON
- GPs – what do you need to know as a primary care clinician?
- Dr Jamie Carter Consultant Paediatrician -AHT and Legal Complexities
Thursday 29 September
- Dr Giles Haythornthwaite Consultant Paediatrician: Why the Major trauma network supports ICON
- Beth Williams PSHE Lead Fleetwood High School – Delivering the ICON Message in High School
Friday 30 September
- Parent Ambassadors talk about ICON
- Final thought and close from Dr Suzanne Smith